- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seafoam Walnut Cake Recipe
|Cake flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red currant jelly||12 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Sea foam frosting||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 8720 Calories from Fat 3587
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 413 g635.3%
Saturated Fat 147.8 g739.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1352.3 mg
Sodium 4131.8 mg172.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1188 g396%
Dietary Fiber 62.6 g250.2%
Sugars 722.7 g
Protein 133 g265.7%
Vitamin A 137.5% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 207.8% Iron 71.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sift cake flour, baking powder and salt onto wax paper.
3. Beat butter or margarine with sugar until fluffy in large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until fluffy; stir in vanilla.
4. Stir in flour mixture, a third at a time, alternately with milk; fold in walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly.
5. Bake in moderate oven (375°) 30 minutes, or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip.
6. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Loosen around edges with a knife; turn out onto racks; peel off paper; cool layers completely.
7. Put layers together with currant jelly on a serving plate; frost side and top of cake with seafoam frosting Decorate with additional chopped walnuts, if you wish.