- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seabirds Spicy Black Bean Soup Recipe Video
|Vegetable stock||12 Cup (192 tbs) (organic)|
|Black beans||3 Cup (48 tbs) (organic)|
|Tomato||1 Large (organic)|
|Carrot||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced (organic)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (organic)|
|Jalapeno||2 Large, diced (organic)|
|Garlic clove||5 Medium|
|Garlic powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Limes||2 Large, juiced, zested|
|Rice bran oil/Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Calories 349 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2590.2 mg107.9%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.4%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g70%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 14 g28.2%
Vitamin A 223% Vitamin C 37.3%
Calcium 23.7% Iron 19.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large sauté pan, sauté onions, carrots, garlic and jalapenos in the rice bran oil.
2. Transfer to a large pot and add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, black beans and spices. Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
3. Remove about 3 cups of the soup and puree in a blender, then add it back to the pot of soup and stir.
4. Add lime juice and zest. Like any soup, the longer it simmers the better it gets!
5. Garnish with cilantro, avocado or vegan sour cream.
6. Serve with flat bread and a salad on the side.