- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seabirds Spicy Black Bean Soup Recipe Video
|Vegetable stock||12 Cup (192 tbs) (organic)|
|Black beans||3 Cup (48 tbs) (organic)|
|Tomato||1 Large (organic)|
|Carrot||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced (organic)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped (organic)|
|Jalapeno||2 Large, diced (organic)|
|Garlic clove||5 Medium|
|Garlic powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Limes||2 Large, juiced, zested|
|Rice bran oil/Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Calories 766 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.5%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1900.2 mg79.2%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.4%
Dietary Fiber 36.8 g147.2%
Sugars 11 g
Protein 39 g78.8%
Vitamin A 223% Vitamin C 37.3%
Calcium 31.7% Iron 57.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large sauté pan, sauté onions, carrots, garlic and jalapenos in the rice bran oil.
2. Transfer to a large pot and add the vegetable broth, tomatoes, black beans and spices. Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
3. Remove about 3 cups of the soup and puree in a blender, then add it back to the pot of soup and stir.
4. Add lime juice and zest. Like any soup, the longer it simmers the better it gets!
5. Garnish with cilantro, avocado or vegan sour cream.
6. Serve with flat bread and a salad on the side.