- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sea Bass With Tomatoes Recipe
|Sea bass||3 Pound, cleaned, heads and tails intact|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dried thyme/Several branches fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Onions||2 Medium, sliced|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Lemon||1 , thinly sliced|
Calories 1205 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 278.9 mg
Sodium 701.4 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.6%
Dietary Fiber 17.9 g71.4%
Sugars 17.9 g
Protein 138 g275.6%
Vitamin A 68.4% Vitamin C 267.8%
Calcium 26.7% Iron 52.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
2. Rinse the fish under water.
3. Pat the fish dry with paper towels.
4. With a sharp knife, score 3 shallow diagonal slashes across the fish on both sides.
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Put several thyme branches inside each fish. Alternatively, sprinkle dried thyme in the insides of the fish. Keep aside.
7. In a pot, boil water with salt.
8. Add the potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
9. Drain the potatoes.
10. Place them on a clean dish towel.
11. Pat the potatoes dry with paper towels.
12. In a shallow baking dish which will hold the fish and potatoes comfortably, put the oil and lemon juice.
13. Place the onion and potato slices.
14. With two wooden spoons, turn the slices to coat them with the oil and lemon juice.
15. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
16. Place the 2 fish on the bed.
17. Place the tomato and lemon slices around them.
18. Season with salt and pepper again.
19. In the pre-heated oven, bake the fish for 15 minutes.
20. Serve hot from the oven.