- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sea Shell Clam Chowder Recipe
|Salt pork||2 Tablespoon, diced|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned baby clams||10 Ounce (1 Can, Liquor Retained)|
|Sea shells||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked and drained (Catelli , Small Sized)|
Calories 573 Calories from Fat 253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.6%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g77%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.4 mg
Sodium 631 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 8.4 g
Protein 19 g37.8%
Vitamin A 15.2% Vitamin C 0.93%
Calcium 26% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Heat butter and sauté pork in it until golden brown.
2) Stir in onion and sauté them until tender.
3) Heat butter till it melts and then mix in flour.
4) Slowly pour in milk, stirring, until the mixture becomes thick and smooth.
5) Season it with salt and pepper.
6) Add in pork-onion mixture, clams with liquor and sea shells, mixing well and then cook this over hot water.
7) Ladle the chowder in soup bowls and serve at once.