- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sautéed Sea Scallop With Scallion Recipe
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Sea scallops||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut in half|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Scallions||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm), sliced (1 Small Bunch)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh chervil/Chopped fresh parsley||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 644 Calories from Fat 327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.1%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.9 mg
Sodium 706.3 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 44 g88.3%
Vitamin A 31.6% Vitamin C 38.4%
Calcium 28% Iron 37.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Upon a plate, sift flour, salt, and pepper and spread. Coat the scallops with flour.
2) Heat a large heavy skillet along with butter and oil. Stir fry the scallops very quickly until golden brown. This will take about 4 minutes.
3) Using a slotted spoon, remove scallops and put on a warmed serving dish.
4) In the same skillet, gently sauté the scallions medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Take care not brown..
5) Using a slotted spoon remove the scallions and scatter over the scallops. Keep warm
6) Remove the excess oil from the pan. Pour in white wine and over high heat reduce the wine by half.
7) Spoon the wine sauce over the scallops, scatter fresh herbs.
8) Serve immediately with lemon wedges.