- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sea Bass with Potatoes and Tomatoes Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Large, finely sliced|
|Potatoes||2 , finely sliced|
|Tomatoes||2 , sliced|
|Sea bass fillets/Use sea bream/plaice/sole/mullet||2 Small|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|White wine||75 Milliliter (1 Small Glass)|
|Capers||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 242 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.7%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.8 mg
Sodium 179.7 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 60.3%
Calcium 9% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a casserole pour the oil and layer up the onion, potatoes and tomatoes.
2. Arrange the fish fillets on top.
3. Sprinkle the lemon juice, wine and capers (if using) and season to taste.
4. Cover casserole with a lid and braise the fish for 20 minutes until the fish is firm and flakey.
5. Serve the straight from the casserole along with the vegetables.
6. Accompany with crusty bread.
You can use any other white fish steaks as well but increase cooking time by 5 minutes.