- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Chinese Green Onion & Egg Pancake (葱花蛋饼) Recipe Video
|For the batter|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Green onion stalks||2 Medium, chopped finely|
|Sesame seeds||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||2 Tablespoon (As needed for frying)|
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g42.2%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 466.7 mg19.4%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 20 g40%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 11% Iron 30.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix the eggs, flour and water. Whisk well to form a smooth and frothy batter.
2. Add the green onion stalks, salt and sesame seeds and mix well.
3. Heat up a medium nonstick frying pan on high heat.
4. Add canola oil and swirl the pan to coat the entire base of pan with the oil.
5. Pour the egg batter, flip sides and cook until both sides are done.
6. Once done, transfer onto a serving plate.
7. Serve hot.