- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fresh Blackberry Pie Recipe Video
|For pie crust|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), divided (1/2 cup for dusting)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into pieces (ice cold)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into pieces (ice cold)|
|Sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||1 Tablespoon|
|Frozen orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
|For pie filling|
|Blackberry/Frozen blackberry||5 Cup (80 tbs), rinsed, patted dry|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.7%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.3%
Trans Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 33.3 mg
Sodium 206.3 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.2%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 2 g4.1%
Vitamin A 10.9% Vitamin C 31%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor jar add in the flour, salt and sugar. Followed by butter and shortening, pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
2. Add in sour cream, corn syrup and orange juice. Process for a few seconds, until a ball of dough begins to form - don’t over process.
3. Pull dough together into a ball, wrap well in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes to overnight.
4. Preheat the oven at 425 degrees.
5. Divide dough in half and shape each half into a round disk (one for bottom crust, one for top crust).
6. Lightly flour the counter and roll first disk evenly and big enough so that dough will cover bottom and sides of pie plate with some hangover around the edges.
7. Fold dough over rolling pin and unroll into pie plate.
8. Gently fold overhang to create a nice edge, crimping dough between forefingers as going around.
9. Roll out second half to the same size as the first, using cut outs, and use up all remaining dough and place cut outs on a cookie sheet.
10. Return dough in pie plate and cut outs to the refrigerator to stay cool.
11. Meanwhile in a bowl add in 4 cups blackberries with flour and sugar. Mix well for few minutes.
12. Spoon berry mixture into pie shell and spread remaining cup of blackberries on top.
13. Squeeze lemon juice and lemon zest on top of berries.
14. Dot berries with butter before adding top crust cut-outs.
15. Cover berries with top crust leaf cut outs and crimp, working from outer layer to the inside. As shown in the video.
16. Add in the pastry leaves, one by one, working all the way around and then into the middle.
17. Brush top crust with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
18. Bake in preheated oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
19. Reduce temp to 375 degrees for 25-35 more minutes until crust is golden brown and berries are bubbling.
20. Serve Blackberry Pie warm with whipped cream or ice cream!
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website