- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scrumptious All Purpose Tomato Sauce Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|White vinegar||2 Teaspoon (But I Recommend My Sauce To Have Some Acidity)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried bay leaf/1 whole bay leaf||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Canned plum tomato||56 Ounce (2 Cans 28 Ounce Each)|
|Chopped italian parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 707 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 5695.7 mg237.3%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.6%
Dietary Fiber 26.4 g105.5%
Sugars 63.9 g
Protein 21 g42%
Vitamin A 305.1% Vitamin C 510.3%
Calcium 56.5% Iron 57.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Finely dice 1 to 2 ribs of celery and 1 onion. Mince 3 cloves of garlic and chop a small bunch of Italian parsley.
2. You can adjust the amount of celery depends on how big or long they are, I used 2 ribs in the video.
3. In a large sauce pan, with a tablespoon of olive oil, sweat the celery and onions on low heat for 7-9 minutes. You want them to be completely softened but you don't want them to brown.
4. Add in freshly ground pepper, salt, vinegar(optional), sugar, cayenne pepper and dried herbs.
5. Once they're completely softened, add in minced garlic and cook it for a minute or two. **(In fact, you should add in tomato paste and cook for another 2 minutes after this step, I was rushing because I had to go out for a dinner for CNY, so I forgot... shame....)
6. Pour in 2 cans of crushed plum tomatoes,1 cup of water and chopped fresh Italian parsley. Turn the heat to medium or medium high and bring it to a simmer.
7. Once it comes to a simmer, turn the heat back to low and let it simmer for 1.5 hour covered. Stir continuously to prevent the bottom from sticking. If the sauce gets too thick, add another splash of water and continue cooking.
8. After 1.5 hour, continue cooking and reduce the sauce uncovered for about 15-20 minutes. Add in tomato paste(if you did it in step 3, you can't just leave it, but if you think your sauce needs more color, you can adjust by yourself.
9. Serve the dish in a serving plate.