- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Goat Cheese Scrambled Eggs with Basil Pesto Toast - A KFM Special Recipe Video
|Eggs||4 Large, beaten|
|Fresh chives||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Fresh goat cheese||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Bread slices||2 Medium, slices (Focaccia/Basil Pesto Toast used)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (To spread on the toasts)|
Calories 367 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.3%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 456.4 mg152.1%
Sodium 393.3 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 18 g36.4%
Vitamin A 25.2% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a large mixing bowl, beat the 4 large eggs with a tablespoon of fresh chives and fresh goat cheese.
2. Toast slices of the basil pesto bread and butter each slice.
3. In a skillet heat 3/4 tablespoon of butter to a medium low, add the beaten eggs to the hot pan and keep stirring without a stop. If the eggs set too fast take the pan off the heat. Continue to stir and put it back on. Continue till you get a nice smooth custard & pudding like texture.
4. After a couple of minutes of the stirring and going on and off the heat, the eggs start to set and the bottom is not liquid any more.
5. Serve the scrambled eggs onto a plate over the basil pesto toast and garnish with some finely chopped fresh chives.