- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scrambled Eggs In Toast Cups Recipe
|White bread slices||4|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 240 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 245.1 mg81.7%
Sodium 309.3 mg12.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.44 g1.8%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 8 g16.4%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.6% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Trim crusts from bread slices. Brush both sides with melted butter.
3. Press a slice into each of 4 (6-oz) custard cups. Place on cookie sheet; bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until bread is toasted.
4. Meanwhile, in small bowl, with rotary beater, beat eggs with milk, salt, and pepper until well combined.
5. Heat butter in medium skillet until a little cold water sizzles when dropped on it.
6. Pour egg mixture into skillet; cook slowly until eggs start to set. Then stir constantly with fork until eggs are soft and creamy.
7. To serve: Fill toast cups with egg mixture. If desired, sprinkle with crumbled, cooked bacon or chopped parsley.