- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scottish Shortbread Recipe Video
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Orange peel||2 Tablespoon, finely grated|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rice flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bittersweet chocolate||4 Ounce, chopped|
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg16.3%
Sodium 29.8 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 16.2 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 6.8%
Calcium 1.8% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate in microwave and set aside.
3. In a food processor jar mix together sugar and orange peel. Set aside in an airtight jar.
4. In a food processing jar take orange flavored sugar and blend for few minutes.
5. Add in the salt and butter, process until light and creamy.
6. Stir in the flour and process again.
7. Add in the rice flour and combine.
8. Scrape out the dough over the counter and knead with hand for few minutes.
9. Cut the dough in half, roll one of the parts into cylinder and place over a wax paper. Wrap the wax paper and push with cookie sheet to give a perfect cylinder shape.
10. Wrap into the same wax paper and place in a paper towel roll. Refrigerate for 150 minutes.
11. Take out the dough from the refrigerator and slice with a sharp knife. Place over a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake in oven for 20 minutes at 325 degrees F.
12. Take out the cookies from the oven and transfer over a cooling rack.
13. Dip half the shortbreads in chocolate and place over a wax paper, set aside to cool.
14. Another way of decorating cookies is make a wax paper cone and drizzle chocolate over the cookies.
15. Serve Chocolate Shortbread Cookies with coffee or tea.
If you are using salted butter then don’t use salt.