- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scottish Shortbread Recipe
|Cornstarch||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2743 Calories from Fat 1615
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 184 g282.9%
Saturated Fat 115.8 g579%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 483.8 mg161.3%
Sodium 35 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 264 g87.9%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.2%
Sugars 98.4 g
Protein 15 g30%
Vitamin A 112.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.5% Iron 34.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 300 degrees.
2) Sift together the icing sugar, cornstarch and flour.
3) To the margarine, add a touch of the salt.
4) Blend in the butter and use hands to work till the mixture is creamy.
5) Shape the mixture into balls and use a fork to flatten. In case the dough is too sift, chill for about 30 minutes before shaping into balls.
6) Decorate the flattened dough balls.
7) Place the prepared dough balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8) Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, till the edges have turned slightly brown in color.
9) Serve as preferred.