- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scottish Oatcakes Recipe
|Rolled oats||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 980 Calories from Fat 334
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59.1%
Saturated Fat 17.4 g87.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg
Sodium 2138.5 mg89.1%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.1 g80.4%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 28 g56.8%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C
Calcium 27.3% Iron 46.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a food processor, add 2 cups oats and process until they resemble coarse flour.
3) In a bowl, mix the oats, baking powder and salt together.
4) Stir in the melted butter, break up lumps of dough with a wooden spoon. Gradually stir in water, mix well until the dough is combined.
5) Scatter 1/4 cup oats on a work surface, roll the dough in the oats and press the oats into the dough.
6) Roll the dough out to a sheet 1/8 inch thick and cut the dough into 2 1/2-inch rounds with a cookie cutter.
7) Transfer the rounds to baking sheets, 1 inch apart and reroll the dough to cut out more oatcakes.
8) Bake the oatcakes in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, until their edges are lightly golden.
9) Cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes before serving and store in an airtight container up to 1 week.
10) Serve on a serving plate when desired.