- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scottish Fried Rice Recipe
|Whitefish/Chub||8 Ounce, smoked|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into 1/4-inch dice|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon (Best Quality)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Rice||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked|
|Flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Eggs||3 Large, lightly beaten|
|Fresh chives||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, snipped (For Garnish)|
Calories 741 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 200.7 mg
Sodium 98 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 121 g40.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 27 g54.5%
Vitamin A 26.6% Vitamin C 31.9%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the fish, remove and discard head, skin, and bones.
2. Shred the flesh into large pieces and keep aside.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-low heat.
4. Stir in onion and garlic and cook for about 8-10 minutes unit the onions wilt; stir occasionally.
5. Add curry powder and cayenne.
6. Cook stirring for 1 minute to mellow the flavors.
7. Add rice and parsley.
8. Using a fork, fluff rice and combine well.
9. Push the rice towards the edge of the skillet and make a well in the center.
10. Pour the egg in the well.
11. Cook the eggs for 1 to 2 minutes; stir with a fork until they scramble.
12. After the eggs are scrambled, fold the egg gently with the rice.
13. Remove the skillet from heat and add the flaked fish.
14. Fold gently to mix.
15. Garnish with chives.
16. Serve immediately.