- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scotch Woodcock Recipe
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Anchovy paste||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
Calories 745 Calories from Fat 466
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.8%
Saturated Fat 21.5 g107.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 727.7 mg
Sodium 2289.5 mg95.4%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.6%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 39 g78.7%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 82.7% Iron 23.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a small skillet and heat half of the butter in it.
2. Fry the bread until it turns crisp.
3. Spread the bread with anchovy paste after removing from heat. Keep it hot for later use.
4. Add the remaining butter to the skillet and put in the eggs after beating them lightly with salt and pepper.
5. Stir continuously until the eggs set.
6. Place the scrambled eggs on the fried bread.
7. Arrange a couple of anchovy filets along each slice and add a caper to each section.
8. Add a sprinkling of cayenne and serve immediately.