- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegetarian Scotch Shortbread Recipe
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||26 Tablespoon (1 1/2 Cups Plus 2 Tablespoons)|
Calories 1368 Calories from Fat 551
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.5%
Saturated Fat 38.8 g194.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.3 mg53.8%
Sodium 496.6 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 179 g59.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.1%
Sugars 29.6 g
Protein 21 g41.6%
Vitamin A 37.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.8% Iron 50.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cream the butter, add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy. If desired, use an electric mixer at medium speed.
3. Sift the flour and salt into the creamed mixture and blend thoroughly with the hand.
4. Press the mixture into a nine-inch pie pan and pinch the edge to form a fluted rim. Prick the surface with a fork. Mark into sixteen to twenty wedges, cutting about halfway through the dough.
5. Bake until firm when pressed gently in the center, or about fifty minutes; the shortbread should not be brown. In an aluminum pan bake on the lower shelf; in a glass pan bake on the center shelf.
6. Cool the shortbread in the pan. To serve, place right side up on a cutting board and cut in wedges where marked.