- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scotch Shortbread Recipe
|Butter||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1771 Calories from Fat 1080
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.1%
Saturated Fat 77.2 g386.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 322.5 mg
Sodium 988 mg41.2%
Total Carbohydrates 155 g51.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 58.4 g
Protein 14 g28.4%
Vitamin A 75% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.5% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cream the butter, add the sugar gradually and beat until fluffy. If desired, use an electric mixer at medium speed.
3. Sift the flour and salt into the creamed mixture and blend thoroughly with the hand.
4. Press the mixture into a nine-inch pie pan and pinch the edge to form a fluted rim. Prick the surface with a fork. Mark into sixteen to twenty wedges, cutting about halfway through the dough.
5. Bake until firm when pressed gently in the center, or about fifty minutes the shortbread should not be brown. In an aluminum pan bake on the lower shelf; in a glass pan bake on the center shelf.
6. Cool the shortbread in the pan.