- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scotch Peas Pudding Recipe
|Green split peas||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2537 Calories from Fat 530
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.1%
Saturated Fat 33.3 g166.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 340.5 mg113.5%
Sodium 2114.1 mg88.1%
Total Carbohydrates 362 g120.8%
Dietary Fiber 150.7 g603%
Sugars 52.7 g
Protein 152 g303.9%
Vitamin A 52.5% Vitamin C 17.7%
Calcium 36.7% Iron 150.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a small bowl and add peas into it. Cover it with enough cold water and keep it overnight.
2. Drain the peas, and tie them into cheesecloth, leaving enough space for them to swell.
3. Take cheesecloth and lightly flour it.
4. Take a large saucepan and add the swelled peas into it and cover it with 2 inches of boiling water.
5. Cover the saucepan and simmer over low heat for about 3 hours, until the peas become tender.
6. Take out the water and drain them thoroughly.
7. Add the peas into a bowl with butter, salt, brown sugar, pepper and egg.
8. Blend the mixture using a rotary beater or wire whisk until it becomes smooth and thick.
9. Add the mixture into the floured cheesecloth and hang it to shape like a pudding.
10. Add the cheesecloth into a pan of boiling water and boil for another 40 minutes.
11. Take out the pea-€™s pudding from the cheesecloth and pace it over a hot dish.
12. Top the pudding with melted butter.
13. Slice the Pease pudding.
14. Serve the Pease pudding with bacon.