- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scotch Mushrooms Recipe
|Small mushrooms||4 Small (Open Ones)|
|Vinegar dressing||3 Tablespoon|
|Sausage meat||6 Ounce|
|Egg||1 , lightly beaten|
|Brown breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Coating)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Shallow Frying)|
Calories 831 Calories from Fat 739
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 83 g127.6%
Saturated Fat 16 g80.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 167 mg
Sodium 742.7 mg30.9%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 17 g34.1%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 3% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash the mushrooms, peel and discard the stalks.
2) Use a shallow dish to place the mushrooms. Pour over the dressing and marinate for 1 hour.
3) On a clean working surface, place sausage to divide into 4 portions.
4) Lightly flour your hands to enclose each mushroom in sausage meat.
5) Neatly shape into a round, to cover the mushroom evenly.
6) In a bowl, beat egg to dip the patty.
7) Coat the patty with breadcrumbs.
8) In the pan, heat up shallow oil for 8-10 minutes. Fry the patty until golden brown on both sides.
9) Drain oil and allow cooling.
10) Slice in halves and serve with a hard-boiled egg, lettuce and tomato salad on side.