- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scotch Glazed Ham Steak Recipe
|Fully cooked ham steak||1 (1 inch thick)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Whisky||3 Tablespoon (Johnnie Walker, Red label)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.9%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 116.1 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 31.4 g
Protein 50 g100.9%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 0.6% Iron 0.91%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With a sharp knife, slash the fat of the ham steak, in a diamond pattern. Do not score the meat itself, just the fat and any skin.
2. Combine the brown sugar, mustard, and ginger, adding a spoon or two of the alcohol to make a paste.
3. In a chafing dish or under the broiler, warm the ham steak for 5 minutes or until browned.
4. Turn and broil the other side for another 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Cover the ham steak with the mustard-sugar paste.
6. Warm the remaining Scotch in a ladle, ignite carefully and pour the flaming alcohol over the ham.
7. Allow the flames to die down then transfer to a serving plate.
8. Serve the ham with flambÃ©ed apples if you like.