- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scones Rubbed In Mixture Recipe
|Self raising flour||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Milk||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1295 Calories from Fat 455
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 52 g79.6%
Saturated Fat 31.6 g158.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 133.7 mg44.6%
Sodium 2829.9 mg117.9%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.4%
Sugars 35 g
Protein 24 g47.8%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 81.8% Iron 51.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a bowl, sieve the flour and salt.
2. Preheat the oven using conventional top and bottom heat, to 400 degree F
3. Grease a baking tray.
4. Cut butter into small cubes and add to the flour.
5. With your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until it resembles crumbs.
6. Add the sugar and mix well.
7. Add milk and stir quickly using a fork, until the mixture binds to form dough.
8. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead lightly 4 to 5 times.
9. Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness.
10. Use a 2-inch round (plain or fluted) cookie cutter to cut out scones.
11. Arrange them on a baking tray, keeping 1 inch space between each.
12. Brush them with milk to give a sheen and golden color.
13. Bake until the scones are lightly golden brown, dry and firm.
14. Remove from the oven and slide onto a wire rack to cool.
15. Pile into a bread baskets and serve with tea topped with butter and preserves if you like.