- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Currants/Seedless raisins||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped candied cherries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Glaze||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , mixed|
|Granulated sugar||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 924 Calories from Fat 250
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.5%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37.2%
Trans Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 49.5 mg
Sodium 586.4 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 164 g54.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 113.8 g
Protein 8 g15.7%
Vitamin A 2.1% Vitamin C 28.7%
Calcium 34% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
2) In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
3) Cut in the shortening with a knife or fingertips.
4) Then add the currants and cherries and stir in milk,
5) On a floured board, shape the mixture into a ball and divide into 4 portions.
6) Pat the doughs into 5 inch circles and place over a cookie sheet.
7) Quarter each round, apply glaze and nicely sprinkle with the sugar.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
9) Halve and serve in a nice plate with the lemon curd.