- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Self rising flour||8 Ounce, sifted (225 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Ounce, softened (50 Gram)|
|Castor sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Egg||1 Medium, beaten|
|Milk||3 Fluid Ounce (75 Milliliter)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1394 Calories from Fat 469
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.9%
Saturated Fat 32.1 g160.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 316.9 mg
Sodium 3383.1 mg141%
Total Carbohydrates 200 g66.6%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 33.4 g
Protein 24 g48%
Vitamin A 34.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 59.1% Iron 46.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the oven to 450°F (230°C/Gas 8).
2. Grease a baking tray and dredge with flour.
3. Mix together the flour and salt.
4. Rub or cut in the butter as lightly as possible until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
5. Stir in the sugar.
6. Put in the egg and bind the mixture together with a fork.
7. Gradually add the milk to form a fairly stiffdough.
8. Turn the dough on to a floured board and gently roll out to a thickness of about 2 1/2 cm (1 in).
9. Using a 6 cm (2 1/2 in) cutter dipped in flour cut out circles.
10. Place the scones, almost touching, on the prepared tray and brush with beaten egg or milk to glaze.
11. Let it bake for 12—15 minutes until firm and light golden.
12. Take out of the oven and slide the scones on to a wire rack.
13. Cover immediately with a cloth to keep the steam in.
14. This helps make the scones deliriously soft and moist.