- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Schnitzel With A Twist Recipe Video
|Pork chops/Use pounded pork cutlets||2 Pound (With Bone In)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Breadcrumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Thyme||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Frying)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4048 Calories from Fat 2881
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 324 g499%
Saturated Fat 60.7 g303.4%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 845 mg
Sodium 1458.3 mg60.8%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.8%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 209 g417.2%
Vitamin A 35.5% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 47.9% Iron 73.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix egg and 2 tablespoons of milk together in a shallow dish.
2. Mix pinch of garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of thyme, pinch of cayenne pepper, salt and pepper with bread crumbs.
3. Cover pork chops first with flour, then with egg mixture and at the end with bread crumbs.
4. Preheat oil in a flat skillet to medium heat.
5. Fry until golden brown for about 3-4 minutes per side.
For Mustard Sauce:
6. Remove oil from the skillet and leave about 1 tablespoon. Add mustard, 1 tablespoon of flour and mix well. Add the rest of the milk, garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of thyme, pinch of cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
7. Mix all together and let it thicken, stirring constantly.
8. Serve the pork chops with the sauce spooned on top and serve with your choice of side dish.