- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scandinavian Spritz Cookies Recipe
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Double acting baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , unbeaten|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3181 Calories from Fat 1675
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 191 g293.2%
Saturated Fat 118.4 g592.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 673.2 mg
Sodium 674.5 mg28.1%
Total Carbohydrates 343 g114.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27%
Sugars 151.3 g
Protein 30 g60.3%
Vitamin A 117.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 48.1% Iron 70.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter until very soft; gradually beat in sugar, until very light and fluffy. Add egg yolk and almond extract, beating until well blended.
3. With mixer at low speed, gradually add flour mixture, beating just until blended. Wrap dough in wax paper. Refrigerate until firmâ€”about 30 minutes.
4. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
5. Onto cold, ungreased cookie sheet, with cookie press and star-shaped disk, press out dough in long, straight strips. Cut each strip into 3- or 4-inch pieces; form into S, O, I, and U (or other desired shapes).
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges are golden.
7. Cool on wire racks. Pack cookies in freezer containers with 2 sheets of wax paper between layers, then freeze.
Let wrapped cookies stand at room temperature until thawedâ€”about 15 minutes. Then unwrap and serve Makes about 7 dozen.