- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scandinavian Fruit Soup A Dessert Recipe
|Dried apricots||11 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Pitted dried prunes||11 Ounce (2 Cups)|
|Raisins||5 Ounce (1 Cup)|
|Beer||24 Ounce (2 Cans Or Bottles)|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||4 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Slivered blanched almonds||2 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Calories 881 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.4 mg
Sodium 37.7 mg1.6%
Total Carbohydrates 187 g62.4%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g58.9%
Sugars 127.5 g
Protein 9 g18.1%
Vitamin A 85.5% Vitamin C 106.1%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 22.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large heavy bottomed saucepan, add fruits, sugar and cinnamon and pour over the water, half the beer and the orange juice.
2. Place pan over a medium flame and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
3. Reduce the flame and simmer fruits for 20 minutes until they are soft.
4. Blend cornstarch into the remaining beer and stir into the soup.
5. Continue to simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes until the soup thickens and fruit is tender.
6. Allow soup to cool to room temperature then place in the refrigerator to chill
7. Serve the soup chilled garnished with a swirl of whipped cream and slivered almonds along with crusty sweet bread or cubes of cake if you like.