- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scandinavian Christmas Cookies Recipe
|Butter||375 Gram (1 1/2 Cups)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cardamom||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs), ground|
|Orange juice||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4777 Calories from Fat 3089
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 355 g545.6%
Saturated Fat 182.1 g910.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1122.3 mg
Sodium 118.1 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 386 g128.5%
Dietary Fiber 21.5 g85.8%
Sugars 307.8 g
Protein 49 g97.8%
Vitamin A 178.7% Vitamin C 13.6%
Calcium 55.5% Iron 57%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting the temperature to 400Â°F (200Â°C).
2) Take a bowl and add the sugar and butter together creaming them until they become fluffy and light.
3) Add the egg and egg yolk to the bowl, beating them thoroughly.
4) Sift the flour together with cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom and add it to the mixture.
5) Add the orange juice and almonds stirring them in.
6) Blend properly and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
7) Take a board and sprinkle flour on it.
8) Roll the dough out maintaining a thickness of 1/4 inch (5 mm).
9) Cut the dough into different shapes.
10) Take a cookie sheet and butter it placing the cookies on it.
11) Place inside a pre-heated oven and bake for 5 minutes approximately.
12) Serve as required.