- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scampi on Skewers Recipe
|Shelled shrimp||1 Pound, deveined (16 Large Ones)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Stick)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic/1 teaspoon garlic salt||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Hot pepper sauce||4 Drop|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 85 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.2 mg19.4%
Sodium 43.6 mg1.8%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.09 g0.34%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 2.1% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prevent charring soak bamboo skewers in a pan of cold water for at least 15 minutes.
2. With a sharp knife, slit shrimp down back, almost in half and thread each lengthwise on a skewer.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter, add rest of ingredients, slowly bring to boiling and then remove from heat.
4. Brush shrimp on all sides with butter mixture and refrigerate, covered, at least 1/2 hour.
5. Broil on hibachi or in broiler, 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Then turn and broil shrimp on other side 4 to 5 minutes.
7. Serve the Scampi on Skewers immediately after broiling.