- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scallops Delmonico Recipe
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||3 Ounce|
|Tabasco sauce||1 Dash|
Calories 381 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.3%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 186.8 mg
Sodium 646.5 mg26.9%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.46 g1.9%
Sugars 14.8 g
Protein 29 g57.4%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 17.6%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 5.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a saucepan and place scallops and wine in it.
2) Barely cover with boiling water and simmer for about 3 minutes.
3) Drain, reserving liquid for later.
4) Cut scallops in uniform bite-size pieces.
5) Take a bowl and beat together egg yolks and cream.
6) Squeeze lemon juice.
7) Take a blazer pan and heat butter in it. Add onion and sauté until tender.
8) Stir in cornstarch and blend with a little of the scallop liquid to form a smooth paste.
9) Gradually stir in 1 cup scallop liquid.
10) Heat the mixture to simmering.
11) Place mixture over hot water and pour in the egg-cream mixture.
12) Cook until mixture becomes thick, stirring gently.
13) Add lemon juice immediately before serving. Serve in pastry shells.