- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scallops with Wild Mushrooms Recipe
|Puff pastry||12 Ounce (350 g)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 g, 6 tbsp)|
|Scallops||12 , trimmed and thickly sliced|
|Shallots||2 , chopped|
|Celery stick||1⁄2 , cut into strips|
|Carrot||1⁄2 , cut into strips|
|Assorted wild mushrooms||8 Ounce, trimmed and sliced (225 g, 3 cups)|
|Noilly prat/Other dry vermouth||60 Milliliter (4 tbsp)|
|Creme fraiche||1⁄4 Pint (150 ml, 2/3 cup)|
|Lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 tbsp)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Celery salt||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3603 Calories from Fat 2161
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 242 g371.9%
Saturated Fat 70 g350.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1245.6 mg
Sodium 2277.4 mg94.9%
Total Carbohydrates 220 g73.4%
Dietary Fiber 15 g59.9%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 136 g271.9%
Vitamin A 192.1% Vitamin C 73%
Calcium 61.2% Iron 116.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Melt 25g/1oz/2 tbsp of the butter in a pan. Season the scallops with salt and black pepper, add them to the pan and cook for 30 seconds over a high heat. Transfer to a plate.
3. Score an inner shell 2.5cm/1in from the outer edge of each pastry shape. Bake the shapes for 20-25 minutes until golden. Set aside on a wire rack.
4. Fry the shallots, celery and carrot gently in the remaining butter. Add the mushrooms and cook until the juices begin to run. Pour in the vermouth and then increase the heat to evaporate the pan juices. Add the creme fraiche and cooked scallops and bring to a simmer (do not boil).
5. Remove the pan from the heat and blend in the egg yolks. Return the pan to a gentle heat and cook for a moment or two until the sauce has thickened to the consistency of thin cream, then remove the pan from the heat. Season with celery salt and cayenne pepper, and add the lemon juice.
6. Gently split the pastry shapes open and place the bases on four plates. Spoon in the filling and arrange the lids on top. Serve with potatoes and salad, if you like.