- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scallops With Vermicelli Recipe
|Bay scallops||1 Pound|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Canned italian tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), undrained and chopped|
|Chopped fresh basil/1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash|
|Vermicelli||12 Ounce, hot cooked and drained (Uncooked)|
Calories 643 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.5 mg
Sodium 436.3 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.3%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 40 g79.2%
Vitamin A 42.8% Vitamin C 44.7%
Calcium 21.5% Iron 41.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash scallops in water.
2) In a glass dish, combine scallops, juice and parsley and keep aside, covered in refrigerator.
3) In the meantime prepare sauce in a large skillet by first sautéing onion and garlic in olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat until onion is translucent.
4) Stir in tomatoes, juice, basil, oregano and thyme and minimize heat to low.
5) Simmer, covered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6) Scrape off the marinade from scallops and in another large skillet, sauté drained scallops in remaining butter for about 2 minutes over medium heat until scallops are opaque.
7) Pour in cream, nutmeg and cooked tomato sauce mixture.
8) In a large bowl, put vermicelli and pour over sauce.
9) Toss gently to coat and flavor as desired.
10) Serve at once.