- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scallops With Creamy Tomato Sauce Recipe
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Scallops||5 Ounce, cut into quarters (Bay Or Sea)|
|Mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|All purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
|1% low fat milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry white table wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh basil leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Or 1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Tomato paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Fettuccine||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 0.57 g2.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 13.1 mg
Sodium 73.8 mg3.1%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.4%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 11 g22.5%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 5.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a nonstick skillet of 10 inches and heat oil in it.
2) Place the scallops in it and turn the heat to medium-high cooking them for 3 minutes by turning occasionally until they turn light brown. Remove and keep them aside.
3) Add the garlic and mushrooms to the skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, stirring often until the mushrooms become soft.
4) Sprinkle the flour and stir it thoroughly to mix.
5) Add all the other ingredients except the fettuccine.
6) Lower the heat and cook for 3 minutes more, stirring continuously, until the mixture becomes thick.
7) Add the scallops and coat them with the sauce, cooking for a minute until heated through and through.
8) Serve the fettuccine on a serving platter covered with the mixture of scallops.