- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scallops Stir Fry Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Extra light olive oil||2 Teaspoon, with a dash of sesame oil|
|Sesame oil||1 Dash (To Mix With Olive Oil)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, smashed and finely chopped|
|Ginger root slices||8 , peeled and cut into thin matchsticks (Dime Size, Fresh Ones)|
|Peeled ginger root||8 , cut into thin matchsticks (Fresh, Dime-Size Paper-Thin Slices)|
|Snow peas||8 Ounce (227 Gram)|
|Sweet red bell pepper||8 Ounce, cut into thick matchsticks (227 Gram)|
|Sesame oil||1⁄4 Teaspoon, toasted|
|Sea scallops||12 Ounce (340 Gram)|
|Minced fresh cilantro||30 Milliliter, minced (2 Tablespoon)|
|Minced cilantro||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Vegetable stock||236 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|White wine||236 Milliliter, de-alcoholized (1 Cup)|
|Non alcoholic white wine||236 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Cornstarch||30 Milliliter, mixed with 60 milliliter de-alcoholized white wine (2 Tablespoon)|
|Cornstarch||30 Milliliter, mixed with 4 tablespoons de-alcoholized white wine (60 ml) (2 Tablespoon)|
|White wine||60 Milliliter, de-alcoholized (4 Tablespoon)|
|Cooked white rice||950 Milliliter (4 Cups, Use Hot)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Hot cooked white rice||944 Milliliter (4 Cups)|
Calories 529 Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.8%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.1 mg
Sodium 263.5 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.5%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 23 g45.1%
Vitamin A 58.9% Vitamin C 212.7%
Calcium 7% Iron 31.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large wok or skillet, over medium heat, heat half the olive oil and sautÃ© garlic and ginger in it for about 1 minute, just to release their fragrance.
2) Increase heat to medium high and stir in vegetables for about 4 minutes, tossing vigorously until just crisp-tender.
3) Keep them aside after transferring to a bowl.
4) To the same wok add rest of the olive oil and the toasted sesame oil and cook the scallops for 2 minutes in it over medium-high heat.
5) Remove them to a bowl and top with cilantro.
6) Cover the mixture and then keep it aside.
7) To the hot wok, place back the vegetables and then pour in stock and wine.
8) Cook the mixture until heated through.
9) Take it off from heat and then mix in cornstarch slurry.
10) Place it back to heat and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
11) Stir the mixture for about 30 seconds until thickened.
12) Take off the mixture from heat and then mix in scallops.
13) Season with pepper.
14) Spoon the scallops and vegetables over a bed of rice on dinner plates and serve at once.