- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scallops Louis Recipe
|Sea scallops||1 Pound, frozen|
|Sea scallops||1 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Shrimp spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Elbow macaroni package||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Elbow macaroni||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarse soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 Package)|
Calories 444 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.4%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 71.6 mg
Sodium 494.6 mg20.6%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 27 g54%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 18.3%
Calcium 28.2% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) Under running cold water, rinse the fresh scallops or partly thaw the frozen ones. Chop into small pieces.
3) In a medium-sized saucepan, combine together the lemon, spice and water and heat till the mixture is boiling. Add the scallops and cover. Take the pan off the heat, allow to stand for 5 minutes and drain.
4) In a kettle, cook the macaroni as per the directions on the label, drain and put the cooked macaroni back in the kettle.
5) In a medium-sized saucepan, melt the margarine or butter. Toss 1 tablespoon of the melted butter with the breadcrumbs in a small bowl and set the mixture aside.
6) To the pan, add the flour, mustard and salt and stir well. Cook and stir till the mixture is bubbly. Stir in the milk and continue to stir and cook till the sauce is slightly thick and has boiled for about 1 minute. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the chili sauce.
7) Pour the sauce all over the macaroni and then stir in the scallops.
8) Into 6 individual greased baking dishes, spoon the macaroni mixture. Alternatively, a buttered 8-cup baking dish can be used for baking. Sprinkle the cheese all over.
9) From the tomatoes, cut the stem end and crosswise cut them in half. Lightly sprinkle with salt, sugar and pepper, if preferred.
10) Place the tomatoes on top of the macaroni mixture and sprinkle the buttered crumbs all around the edges.
11) Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes for individual baking dishes and for 30 minutes if a single, larger dish is being used. Bake till the mixture is bubbly and brown.
12) Serve hot.