- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seasoned Scallop in Raspberry Thyme Sauce Recipe Video
|For raspberry thyme sauce|
|Raspberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Thyme sprigs||20 , chopped finely|
|Dry white wine||4 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Scallops||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 47
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 50.4 mg
Sodium 372.6 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.4%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 21 g42.4%
Vitamin A 13.5% Vitamin C 49.2%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. FOR SAUCE: In a mortar, add raspberries and salt. Grind with the pestle and transfer the content to a large mixing bowl. Grind thyme sprigs in the same mortar and mix with the raspberry mixture.
2. Add white wine and brown sugar and mix well with a plastic spatula. Keep the mixture inside the refrigerator for marinating. After marinate filter the mixture and add more brown sugar to adjust the sweetness.
3. FOR SCALLOPS: Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
4. FOR MAKING SAUCE: In a sauce pan, melt butter and pour in the raspberry mixture. Lower the heat and boil the sauce to reduce volume to 1/3.
5. FOR MAKING SCALLOPS: In a frying pan over medium heat, melt butter and fry the scallops until browned. Flip the scallops with a pair of tongs and fry the other side.
6. Serve the seasoned scallops with raspberry thyme sauce.