- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scallops, Griddle Cakes and Onion Confit Recipe Video
|Potatoes||1⁄2 Pound, cooked and mashed|
|Ground sausage||1 Pound|
|Sesame seeds||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Benne Seeds)|
|Red onion||1 Pound, julienned|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Ounce|
|Dry red wine||2 Ounce|
|Russet potato||1⁄2 Pound|
|Potatoes||1⁄2 Pound, cooked, mashed|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sausage||1 Pound, ground|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole egg||1 Medium|
|Scallops||3⁄4 Pound (Atlantic Scallops)|
|Benne seed||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Sesame Seeds)|
|Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 3039 Calories from Fat 1388
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 159 g244.7%
Saturated Fat 33.9 g169.5%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 323.8 mg
Sodium 3551.8 mg148%
Total Carbohydrates 258 g85.9%
Dietary Fiber 40.5 g161.9%
Sugars 51.3 g
Protein 144 g288.6%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 117.5%
Calcium 152.5% Iron 166.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To make Potato and Sausage Griddlecakes:
1. Grate raw potatoes and mix with cooked mashed potatoes.
2. Add salt, pepper and flour to mixture.
3. Beat egg and add with just enough milk that will make a batter that will drop from a spoon.
4. Cook and crumble the sausage, drain and then fold into the potato mixture.
5. Heat a griddle or frying pan to medium high heat and drop by tablespoons onto it.
6. Cook over moderate heat for three to four minutes on each side.
To make Benne Crusted Scallops:
7. Season scallops with salt and pepper.
8. Place Benne seeds on a plate.
9. Pat down top and bottom side of each scallop in seeds.
10. Heat a frying pan or griddle to medium high with oil.
11. Add the coated scallops into the pan and cook for about 3-5 minutes until all sides are done.
To make Red Onion Confit:
12. In a bowl combine all ingredients except salt and pepper.
13. Cook over low heat until the mixture has the consistency of marmalade-about 30 minutes.
14. Add pepper to taste.
15. Take 2 serving plates one big and one small.
16. In the small plate place a griddle cake and in the big plate place two.
17. Spoon the onion confit on the griddle cakes.
18. Top with the cooked scallops and serve.