- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scallops Au Gratin Recipe
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||3 Ounce|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||1 Ounce (1 Heaped Tablespoon)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (To Garnish:)|
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 356
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.9%
Saturated Fat 25.3 g126.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 128.5 mg
Sodium 680.4 mg28.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.9%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 53.7% Vitamin C 48.6%
Calcium 46% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Open the scallops and remove beard from fish. Use shell to use as serving dish.
2) Clean and wash. Cut scallops into 6 or 8 pieces.
3) Preheat moderate oven (355°F. - Gas Mark 4)
4) In a saucepan put scallops, milk, lemon slices and seasoning. Boil and lower heat. Let it poach for 15-20 minutes
5) Drain the liquid and keep aside. Remove the lemon slices.
6) In a saucepan melt 1 oz. of the butter over low heat.
7) Mix flour and cook gently for 1 minute, gently add cooking liquor and stir.
8) Boil the mixture, check seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
9) Mix in cooked scallops and 2 oz. of the cheese.
10) Heat thoroughly. Mix the mixture into scallop shells.
11) Melt butter on low heat, take off from heat and add breadcrumbs with a fork.
12) Add cheese.
13) Sprinkle mixture over scallops.
14) Put on baking tray and bake for 15 minutes till brown.
15) Serve with chopped parsley on top.