- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Bacon Scallops With Apple Salsa Recipe Video
|Smoked bacon||2 Ounce, diced|
|Onion||2 Ounce, diced|
|Apple cider||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Spinach leaves||1 Pound, stemmed and cleaned|
|For the apple salsa|
|Granny smith apples||4 , diced|
|Orange zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime zest||2 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Apple juice/Apple cider vinegar||2 Ounce|
|Jalapenos||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Green onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Cranberry sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 225 Calories from Fat 18
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.2%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g2.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.8 mg
Sodium 508.5 mg21.2%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.7%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 16 g32.2%
Vitamin A 147.5% Vitamin C 53.1%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saute pan on medium high, add the bacon, heat until the fat melts away and the bacon becomes crispy. Once done, remove the bacon and set it aside in a bowl.
2. In the same pan, add the scallops in the bacon fat and pan fry them for 3 - 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp. Once done, transfer them onto a serving plate and set aside.
3. For the apple salsa: In a large mixing bowl, add the apples, jalapeno, lime, orange and lemon zest, cilantro, green onions, lime juice, cranberry sauce, apple juice. Mix until well combined and set aside.
4. In the heated sauteed pan with bacon fat, add the onions, spinach, apple cider. Mix well and steam the spinach until it wilts.
5. Once the spinach is wilted, stir in the crispy bacon and mix until combined. Switch off the heat and get ready to serve.
6. Take the serving plate with pan seared scallops, add wilted spinach and top it off with the apple salsa.
7. Serve this scallops and apple salsa immediately garnished with extra bacon.