- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scallops and Crab Cake Recipe Video
|Scallop||12 Ounce, chopped|
|Lump crab meat||12 Ounce, chopped|
|Lemon grass||2 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Zest of lemon||2 Medium|
|Panko bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (FOR FRYING)|
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (FOR FRYING)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (FOR CUCUMBER DIP)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (FOR CUCUMBER DIP)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (FOR CUCUMBER DIP)|
|White vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (FOR CUCUMBER DIP)|
|Crushed red pepper||1 Pinch (FOR CUCUMBER DIP)|
|Shallot||1 , minced (FOR CUCUMBER DIP)|
|Cucumber||1⁄2 , sliced (FOR CUCUMBER DIP)|
Calories 579 Calories from Fat 272
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.5%
Saturated Fat 11 g55.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 327.9 mg
Sodium 1275.1 mg53.1%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.97 g3.9%
Sugars 27.7 g
Protein 37 g73.5%
Vitamin A 16.4% Vitamin C 49.8%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop the scallops, crab meat. Transfer into a bowl.
2. Grate the zest of 2 lemons.
3. Mince the lemon grass, chives, shallot separately.
4. Into the meat bowl, add lemon grass and lemon zest and refrigerate it overnight. Drain off any accumulated liquid.
5. Break the eggs into another bowl and beat them lightly.
6. Peel and slice the cucumber.
7. FOR CUCUMBER DIP: In a pan, boil water, add sugar, salt, white vinegar, crushed red pepper, shallot, cucumber. Heat for some time and turn off the heat.
8. Into the bowl with the meat, add panko bread crumbs, chives and eggs.
9. Fold them till all the ingredients are combined well. Do not stir them or mix too much.
10. Take a pan and pour the peanut oil and butter. Heat it.
11. Put the cakes on them and cook till golden brown.
12. Transfer them on a paper towel to drain off excess oil.
13. Take a serving plate, put the cakes and serve hot with the cucumber dip.