- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scalloped Turnips and Peas Recipe
|Turnips||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|White sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Buttered bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 477 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.4%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.5 mg
Sodium 1186.7 mg49.4%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.1%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 23 g45.7%
Vitamin A 31.1% Vitamin C 96.9%
Calcium 54.6% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a greased casserole, arrange turnips and peas in layers.
3. Top with white sauce.
4. Cover top with crumbs and cheese.
5. Season with paprika and salt.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until top is brown.
7. Spoon Scalloped Turnips and Peas into serving plates alongside a crunchy salad.