- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
|Onions||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Milk||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Calories 296 Calories from Fat 62
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.7%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.5 mg
Sodium 772.7 mg32.2%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.7%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 8 g15.9%
Vitamin A 11.4% Vitamin C 91.3%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400 F.
2) Take a 2-quart casserole and lightly grease it.
3) Wash the potatoes, pare them , and thinly slice to measure 8 cups.
4) In a covered saucepan, cook potatoes and onions, in small amount of boiling water, with 2 teaspoons salt, about 5 minutes, or until slightly tender.
5) Drain them well.
6) In another saucepan, melt butter.
7) Remove from heat.
8) Add flour, pepper, paprika, and remaining salt until smooth.
9) Blend in milk.
10) Cook, stirring, over medium heat, to boiling point, or until thickened and smooth.
11) In prepared casserole, layer one third of potatoes and onions.
12) Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley; top with one third of sauce.
13) Repeat the process.
14) Then add remaining potatoes and onions, and top with remaining sauce.
15) Bake, uncovered, 35 minutes, or until top is browned and potatoes fork-tender.
16) Serve the scalloped potatoes as a hearty side dish.