- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scalloped Crab Recipe
|Crabmeat/15 ounce canned crabmeat||1 Pound|
|Dry sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 552 Calories from Fat 347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62.1%
Saturated Fat 24 g120.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 319.7 mg
Sodium 1552.9 mg64.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 4.7 g
Protein 26 g51.1%
Vitamin A 25.7% Vitamin C 42.8%
Calcium 22.8% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Lightly grease 6 or 8 scallop shells or a 1-quart casserole.
3. Open the can and drain crabmeat, removing any cartilage.
4. Sprinkle crabmeat with 1/4 cup sherry; toss to mix well. In 1/4 cup hot butter in medium saucepan, sauté onion until tender. This will take 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in flour.
5. Gradually stir in milk and cream; bring to boiling, stirring; reduce heat, and simmer until quite thick. This will take 8 to 10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat; add Worcestershire, salt, pepper, and rest of sherry. Stir a little of sauce into egg yolks; return to rest of sauce in saucepan; mix well. Stir in crabmeat mixture.
7. Turn into shells or casserole. Toss 2 tablespoons butter with crumbs to mix well. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over crabmeat. Place shells on cookie sheet and bake 20 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly and crumbs are lightly browned.
8. Serve hot