- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scalloped Tomatoes Recipe
|Onions||2 Medium, peeled and chopped|
|Tomatoes||1 Pound, peeled and sliced|
|Grated cheese||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 511 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.6%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.6 mg
Sodium 721.7 mg30.1%
Total Carbohydrates 58 g19.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.6 g30.4%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 12 g23.5%
Vitamin A 52.7% Vitamin C 73.4%
Calcium 24.6% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cook the onion in a little of the butter until soft and lightly browned.
3. Put half the tomatoes into the dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar.
4. Add half the onion.
5. Repeat the layers reserving 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs.
6. Mix the remaining breadcrumbs with the cheese and sprinkle on top.
7. Dot with the remaining butter and bake for 20-25 minutes in a moderate oven (350°F -Gas Mark 4).