- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scalloped Tomatoes Recipe
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Herb seasoned stuffing croutons||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||4 Medium, peeled and cut into wedges|
|Snipped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 217 Calories from Fat 171
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.5%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.1 mg
Sodium 417.8 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 33.8% Vitamin C 36.8%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large microwaveable casserole, place the onions and butter or margarine.
2. Place the casserole in the microwave. Do not cover.
3. In the microwave, cook the onions on 100 per cent power or High for 2 to 4 minutes, till the onion is tender.
4. Take the casserole out of the microwave, add the croutons, sugar, salt, and pepper and stir them in.
7. Now add the tomatoes.
8. Mix everything well together.
9. Place the casserole back in the microwave. Do not cover.
8. In the microwave, cook the mixture on High for 4 to 6 minutes more, till it is heated through, stirring once in between.
9. Serve sprinkled with parsley.