- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scalloped Summer Squash Recipe
|Summer squash||2 Pound, boiled|
|Grated yellow onion||3 Tablespoon|
|Fine cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), mixed with 1 tablespoon melted butter / margarine (For Topping)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 82 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.8%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 204.8 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 2 g3.4%
Vitamin A 8.3% Vitamin C 32.1%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Grease a 1 ½ quart casserole dish with butter.
3. Drain squash well in a colander.
4. Add to a large bowl and mash with a potato masher.
5. Blend in butter and seasonings.
6. Stir in the onions.
7. In another bowl, combine crumbs with butter and a pinch of salt.
8. Turn the squash mash into the casserole and spread evenly
9. Sprinkle with the crumbs.
10. Place the casserole on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until topping is golden
11. Serve the squash hot, straight from the casserole