- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scalloped Eggplant Italian Recipe
|Eggplant||1 Large, pared and sliced thin|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Egg||1 , beaten well|
|Bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (1 Can)|
|Fine bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, sliced (Made From Partially Skimmed Milk, 1 Package)|
|Canned tomato sauce/2 cups, seasoned tomato sauce||16 Ounce|
|Tomato sauce/2 cups tomato sauce, seasoned||8 Ounce (2 Cans)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.1%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 97.7 mg
Sodium 1329.8 mg55.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.4%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 18 g36.7%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 18.7%
Calcium 36.4% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350°F.
2) In a skillet, heat oil.
3) Dip eggplant into beaten egg, then coat with crumbs.
4) Brown the eggplant slices in hot oil on both sides.
5) In a 2-quart casserole, place 1/4 of the eggplant slices in the bottom.
6) Top the eggplant slices with 1/4 of the cheese slices.
7) In another bowl, combine tomato sauce with the remaining ingredients.
8) Spread 1/4 of sauce over the eggplant and cheese.
9) Repeat the layers to use all the ingredients and end with sauce.
10) Cover with a lid or foil and place inside oven to bake for about 1 hour.
11) Serve the preparation hot by sprinkling little parmesan cheese on top, if desired.