- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scalloped Eggplant Recipe
|Chopped parsley||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoons)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Whole grain bread crumbs||250 Milliliter (1 Cup, Soft)|
|Oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Kelp powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||125 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1027 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.4%
Saturated Fat 0.28 g1.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 299.6 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 205 g68.4%
Dietary Fiber 39.6 g158.4%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 46 g92.1%
Vitamin A 58.6% Vitamin C 97.3%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the eggplant into dices.
2) Set the oven ready at 350°F (175°C).
3) Take a medium sized saucepan and boil water in it.
4) Cover and simmer the diced eggplant in the boiling water.
5) Drain the cooked eggplant in a colander.
6) Sprinkle parsley on the dices.
7) Take a small skillet and in a little water, steam-stir the onion until it turns translucent.
8) Make sure not to brown the onions.
9) Take a mixing bowl and in it, mix together bread crumbs, onion, kelp and herbs.
10) Take a baking dish and layer it with oil lightly.
11) In the bottom, arrange a layer of the eggplant dices.
12) Arrange the top with a crumb mixture layer.
13) Repeat the layer until the all the crumbs and eggplant dices are used up.
14) Ensure the top layer is if bread crumbs.
15) Now, over the casserole, add the buttermilk and bake the dish for half an hour, uncovered.
16) Serve immediately.