- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scalloped Clams Recipe
|Toasted bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cracker||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Finely chopped clams||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Minced shallots/Minced scallions||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2461 Calories from Fat 1253
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 140 g215.8%
Saturated Fat 77.2 g386.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 399.8 mg
Sodium 5457.6 mg227.4%
Total Carbohydrates 226 g75.2%
Dietary Fiber 19.9 g79.6%
Sugars 18.7 g
Protein 66 g131.1%
Vitamin A 176.4% Vitamin C 106.4%
Calcium 61.5% Iron 113.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature 375 degrees.
2) Combine together 6 tablespoons of the butter with bread crumbs and cracker crumbs and mix well.
3) Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the paprika.
4) Keep aside 1/3 cup of this mixture for topping.
5) Mix together the remainder of the mixture and the clams, shallots or scallions and parsley.
6) Spoon the mixture into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle the 1/3 cup of reserved crumb mixture over the top.
7) Pour in the light cream, dot the top with the remainder of the tablespoon butter.
8) Place in preheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
9) Serve hot.