- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Scalloped Celery Root and Potatoes Recipe
|Boiling potatoes||1 1⁄4 Pound, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Celery root||1 Large, peeled and thinly sliced|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon, softened to room temperature|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.8%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54 mg
Sodium 472.1 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.9%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 7 g13.7%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 56.5%
Calcium 12% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 500°.
2) In a large saucepan of lightly salted boiling water, cook the potatoes until just tender, about 5 minutes.
3) Use a slotted spoon to remove the potatoes to a colander and drain.
4) Add the celery root to the boiling water and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
5) In a medium bowl, add the flour, butter and mustard to whisk until well blended.
6) In a large, buttered baking dish, arrange half the potatoes in a single layer.
7) Spread one-third of the mustard butter on top.
8) Season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
9) Put all the celery root slices on top and spread with half of the remaining mustard butter.
10) Season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
11) Cover with the remaining potatoes, mustard butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
12) Pour in the milk and place inside oven to bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
13) Reduce the oven temperature to 350° and bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
14) In a platter, arrange the baked preparation and season with freshly ground black pepper, if desired, to serve.